A career in Business Support
Business Support consists of the areas of MBDA that are not directly related the production of missiles and systems. Departments like: Accounting, Audit, Commercial Business & Partnering, Environmental Health & Safety, Financial Control, Fiscal Tax, Group Quality, Human Resources, Import-Export, Information Management Governance, Information Systems Application Services, IT, Secretarial, Security, Site Facilities, and Treasury.
Sales and Business Development
SBD is an international integrated team responsible for winning contracts. They identify and develop existing and future businesses in order to position and reinforce MBDA leadership on weapon systems.
The SBD team is formed of the following departments:
Technical & Military Operations
This team explore opportunities with regard to the export market and promote MBDA’s products abroad.
By providing an effective trans-national commercial function and an optimised bid management service for proposals and contracts, our Commercial Operations are responsible for the commercial integrity of the complete bid.
This team focus specifically on developing sales opportunities with UK customers.
Export Sales Directorate
The department responsible for developing sales opportunities in an international market.
They comprehensively understand and act upon the global environment of the MBDA future market (clients’ needs, platform providers position and strategy, competitors offers and partner/supplier position).
The Finance team is responsible for ensuring that complete, accurate and consistent financial data is available both within and outside the company. It must ensure that the data is produced in an orderly and efficient manner in order to:
- Produce compliant, comprehensive, accurate and transparent financial statements
- Comply with all relevant corporate, financial, accounting, fiscal and legal requirements
- Give a true and fair view of the financial position of company
The Finance team is an international integrated team formed of the following departments:
- Bid and Contract Evaluation
- Project Financial Control
- Cost Control
- Accounting and Reporting
Having the right people strategies in place remains key to our continued growth in a competitive market place. Human Resources works in partnership with the business to meet its objectives through its people.
HR support both the employee and people management needs of the business from welfare through to personal development and performance, including the design and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the workforce as a whole.
The Information Management team is responsible for ensuring that MBDA has the right technology in place to enable our employees to work efficiently and effectively.
Our teams support the following:
- Hardware and Software
- PC / laptops
- Data organisation, storage and back up
- Fixed phones
- Mobile phones
- OCS – online communication system (instant messaging)
- Remote access
- Internet access
The Quality Directorate has accountability across all of MBDA to establish common company quality strategies, policies and principles, and to guide the business towards a truly harmonious set of company processes. They also lead product quality assurance across the business, aiming at integrating product assurance policies, processes and practices for the benefit of national and multinational projects.
The aim of the Improvement Directorate is to provide MBDA with a managed and integrated structure to improve Operational Excellence.
The Improvement Directorate has full responsibility for:
- Defining and managing a global project architecture in order to serve shared and ambitious objectives
- Ensuring the delivery of major transverse improvement projects
- Covering the four countries
- Strengthening synergies between the three countries already integrated
- Involving Germany progressively to prepare the integration process
- Addressing the consistency of local improvement initiatives across the countries and directorates