To lead (and where necessary undertake) the research and analysis required to understand, synthesise and interpret thinking within the political, industrial and supply chain environment in which MBDA UK is operating. For defined topic areas, you will be responsible for shaping actions and recommendations, and delivering agreed changes relating to our future position within this landscape.
- A vision creator who is able to articulate a future state, based on the use of information (Data analysis and statistics), logic and an understanding of Defence Market Trends.
- Capable of thinking on your feet, and using measured, well-reasoned arguments, to position MBDA's thinking, thus demonstrating thought leadership, in senior Industry/Government forums.
- Drawing conclusions, identifying implications, and outlining recommendations from the above
- Directing and where necessary undertaking detailed analysis on complex topics to identify patterns and trends
- Balancing multiple data sources and identifying where to "look" next
- Comfortable with handling statistics and drawing conclusions
- Capable of producing succinct, well-written papers, to position/support or argue against Government Industrial Policy developments.
- Applying Academic rigour to test certainty and understanding
- Starting with the Question rather than an answer
- Being broad minded and open to alternative ideas
- Acting as a change agent to stimulate thinking, and challenge entrenched views.
- Having the capacity to interact at a senior level across different business areas to develop influence, foster proactive collaborative working relationships, and ensure effective stakeholder engagement
What we're looking for
Here's what's in it for you
- Capacity to interact at senior level, across different directorates and to be recognised as a legitimate Change Agent in the UK.
- Strategic thinker/shaper, capable of translating the complex into digestible chunks
- Very strong transversal understanding of the Defence sector
- Strong capacity of synthesis and persuasion, able to develop effective working relationships and influence
- Positive attitude with no preconceptions on conclusions from analysis
- Ability to draw conclusions and implications from complex data collection and analysis, both external and internal, e.g. market and industry dynamics, competitive position, profitability.
- Financial familiarity and sensitivity to financial issues
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written, capable of writing to White Paper level
- Open mind and willingness to learn/look at things from a different perspective
- The opportunity to identify and influence MBDA UK's business model evolution
- To be responsible for the change lifecycle, from analysis through to delivery
- To influence future UK defence market/model
- Working with senior Industry and Government representatives to agree common ground
- Produce relevant action plans and work with members of the UK leadership team to enact them and take any necessary corrective actions
Join a great team!
We are a small team which has a broad and wide reaching agenda. We help highlight areas of opportunity/weakness within the Defence Industrial Landscape, which need to be explored/assessed/positioned.
The team helps to stimulate thought leadership, and operates with the capacity to both exert influence and shape act/decision making.Our benefits
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.