MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £25,000 dependent on experience + bonus and benefits
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract opportunity
To join a dynamic team within the UK Support Function and to support the Head of a Function/Senior Management and their teams. In addition, the post holder will undertake specific projects/responsibilities for the management team.
The post holder is required to be proactive in managing a busy workload and will work on his/her own initiative on some occasions. The BSO will need to exhibit a high level of resilience, communication and organisation skills and attention to detail, which is key to success in this role.
What are we looking for?
- Someone that is forward thinking, who looks to improve efficiencies in working practices and processes
- A professional approach, with a positive attitude and the ability to multi task and be proactive
- A team player that prides themselves with the success of the team and the department
- A professional demeanour in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information
- It is essential that the post holder undertakes the extensive duties with flexibility, initiative and enthusiasm and operates as an integral part of the team
- Willingness to learn and extend the role above and beyond the job description
- Someone that has good communication and engagement skills
Whats in it for you?
- Benefits of working in a large team, that work together, support each other and share knowledge
- Exposure to diverse teams and business environments
- Opportunity to work with a variety of departments, whilst building networks across the business
- A challenging, diverse and varied role
- Will be based in our Bristol office, however, flexibility to travel to other sites maybe required. At MBDA we have Dynamic Working in place so a blended approach to office and home working is required.
- Delivering high level administrative and business support to Senior Management and their teams
- Create and maintain MS Excel spread sheets, PowerPoint presentations, MS word documents accurately and assist with reports that are sent directly to our clients internal and external
- Providing core support to numerous managers (in brief): Complex diaries, extensive travel arrangements and expenses, organise meetings, events, training days, participate when required and take and manage actions
- The role requires a high level of accountability, integrity, resilience and the ability to work within a team
- Understanding and utilising MBDA systems and tools and being a go to in your area of support
- Assist the project and/or functional population to optimise efficiency throughout the business
- Develop to become the knowledge point of contact within the project and/or function. These tasks may be varied and ad-hoc in scope
- Work alongside other BSO's at other locations, sharing knowledge and workloads
- Liaising with the customer, and arranging some high profile meetings
- Manage floor plate responsibilities
Join a Great Team
- Within the UKSF we pride ourselves on providing service excellence to our teams and the wider business. We are successful as we work so well as a team, and have a collaborative approach to work, team working and knowledge transfer. Team working is at the forefront of the UKSF and we have regular team meetings, events and engagement activities. We welcome new ideas and new ways of working and have embraced dynamic working.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.