Business Work Experience - Stevenage 2024
Work experience schemes are a great way of gaining insight into future career paths that you may not have considered before. The MBDA Work Experience Programme has been designed to give you a better view of the opportunities available in the MBDA Early Careers Department.
Whilst on the Work Experience Programme, you will be working with teams in a variety of departments to grasp the dynamic of working in a defence organisation. Throughout the week you will take part in placements such as Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Project Management and Strategy.
Additionally, the Work Experience Scheme aims to give you an insight into the industry upon which we operate in, achieved through site tours, work-based tasks with current employees and a chance to learn tips and tricks to begin your career.
What's in it for me?
You will develop further some of the below skills, which are vital to the Business Roles, but also transferable to other roles:
- Development of problem solving skills
- Teamwork and communication
- Increase awareness of critical thinking
- Presentation skills
- Experience in a workplace environment
In addition to this, MBDA work experience is a great way to:
- Start to network with diverse professionals
- Enhance your CV
- Gain a better insight into the business aspects of the engineering industry
- Understand how a large business operates across multiple departments
Entry criteria and programme dates:
Our programme will run on the following dates for all students in Year 11, 12 and 13:
8th, 15th, 22nd July
Please state on your application which of these weeks you would be available to attend.
Students will be expected to onsite between the hours of 9am and 4pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 12.30pm on Friday.
- Submit your application by no later than the 12th January 2024*
- Your application will be reviewed by the Work Experience Team.
- If your application is successful, a member of the Work Experience Team will contact you by telephone for a short interview to discuss why you would like to take part in Work Experience with us.
- Finally, should you be offered a place on the Work Experience Scheme, the details will be confirmed via email, including details of any paperwork that must be completed before your work experience week can go ahead.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email a member of the Work Experience Team: ftn.StevenageWorkExperience@mbda.co.uk
* Please be aware that because of the volume of applications, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants, and may close applications early due to a large influx