MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary circa: 38,000 – 42,000
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to £2000
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime and Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – typically 2-3 days in the office per week
An opportunity has arisen to join an active, involved and motivated commercial team, in a sector committed to delivering defence capability to the UK Armed Forces and other world governments, covering all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to disposal.
What will you be doing?
- Business Strategy – maximising identified business opportunities.
- Business Winning – Being a key player in the winning of new work. Responsible for the full Route to Contract, including being the driving force during the Bidding process, ensuring cross functional working to deliver costs in time, generation of proposals, and contract negotiations (including reviewing, negotiating, drafting and agreeing bespoke contract terms and conditions), whilst maintaining the viability of MBDA.
- Contract Delivery – Being a vital part of the delivery chain that ensures MBDA meets its promises to our customers. This may include contract amendments, reviewing contract deliverables, document marking and agreeing appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Agreements – experience drafting confidentiality, loan, licence and NDA agreements for approval.
- Negotiations – Gaining acceptance and agreement on issues and amendments to ensure contractual compliance.
- Building/ maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, focusing on collaboration.
- Being the point of contact for your project(s) for any contractual information and agreements.
- Responsible for providing effective people management and development.(Role dependent)
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.
- Reporting to senior management on the progress of your contracts.
- Representing the commercial team in progress/reviews and/or customer meetings.
- Analysing and problem solving complex issues every day, with the help of a multi-functional team where required.
- Working under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of the company systems.
- Promotes best practice and functional excellence.
You will have the opportunity to work within a business critical area, contributing to the overall company business plan and knowing that you are making a real difference.
Develop your ability to influence business decisions internally.
Meet and develop relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders.
Working a varied role that makes every day a little bit different from the last!
Join a valued team where your opinion counts, in a function that is committed to investing in its people and their development
What we're looking for from you:
- Familiarity with MoD contracting structure, including DEFCONs and QDCs, would be preferred
- Defence knowledge an advantage
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and agreeing contracts and agreements.
- A confident communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Comfortable building effective working relationships.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical in approach.
- Determined to succeed.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team