MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary £50K to £55K DOE + bonus + benefits
An opportunity has arisen to join an active, involved and motivated commercial team, in a sector committed to delivering Defence Capability to the UK Armed Forces and other World Governments, covering all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to disposal. This particular role is a position within the central Current Portfolio area, responsible for the commercial governance of a significant contract, including a number of MBDA products.
- Business Strategy – maximising identified business opportunities across the MBDA Portfolio.
- Business Improvement – Being a key player in reviewing and improving the full Route to Contract process, looking at the Bidding process, ensuring cross functional working to deliver costs in time, generation of proposals, and contract negotiations, whilst maintaining the viability of MBDA.
- Ensures the appropriate commercial frameworks and agreements are in place and maintained to protect the company and its information, obtaining and providing legal advice as required.
- Negotiations – Gaining acceptance and agreement on issues and amendments to ensure contractual compliance across the MBDA Portfolio.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers and internal stakeholders, focusing on collaboration.
- Being a point of contact for the Current Portfolio, supporting commercial queries and guiding others to their resolution as required or escalating as needed.
- Effectively communicating with Project Commercial Executives and their teams in order to minimise the need for escalation of contentious topics and ensuring a consistent commercial position across the business.
- Dealing with Directors, Sector and Project Heads when key Project issues are escalated to Portfolio for resolution.
- Working under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Promotes best practice and functional excellence, including providing a focus for acquisition matters for the Commercial function.
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of the company systems.
What are the benefits for you?
- Work within a function that is business critical, contributing to the overall company business plan and know that you are making a real difference.
- Key role with senior interaction and engagement internally and externally, including joint working with senior customer representatives to help solve complex issues and guide the Portfolio in the right direction.
- Can influence commercial strategy and implement it to ensure continuous improvement.
- Dynamic working environment (with some UK travel required) with flexible working hours, both at a well-equipped site and at home.
- Develop your ability to influence business decisions internally.
- Meet and develop relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Working a varied role that makes every day a little bit different from the last.
- To be part of a valued team where your opinion counts.
- Work for a function that invests in its people and their development
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What's great about the team!
- A highly motivated and experienced team with vast experience in delivering and sustaining defence capability with our Armed Forces.
- A team who support one another in common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge, experience and opinion.
- Working across a number of MBDA UK products, our work is complex, challenging and innovative.
- A team with a drive to make things work better and prepared to redefine the established standards.
- We are a ‘hands on' function that inspires, creates, innovates and delivers on a daily basis. We will actively support your training and development.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- A confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experience of Contract and Agreement conditions and their legal connotations.
- Comfortable building working relationships.
- Adaptable and Approachable.
- Analytical in approach, with a strong attention to detail.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills, with a determination to succeed.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.