MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are seeking an Electrical Inspector to work as part of our Manufacturing Team in our new Manufacturing Facility in Bolton.
You will be Responsible for all elements necessary to achieve and maintain the quality of deliverable hardware.
- Certification of product in line with processes and procedures
- Examining the correct assembly including verifying all forms of electrical connections
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks for non-Product Certification activities
- Monitoring of operators within the Product Certification scheme
- Check, complete and certify all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Control of non-conformance items
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/non-conformance reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Ensure inspection times are met
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement
What we're looking for
Mandatory requirement for a formal technical engineering or craft apprenticeship in Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
Minimum further education requirement:
- City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or
- Proven and demonstrable experience as a skilled person
- IPC 610 certified/trained preferred
Join a great team!
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We are passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs Manufacturing UK require a motivated team.
- MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.