MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary 47,000 to 55,000 DOE + bonus + benefits
Part time working considered
Reporting to the Head of Export Control Office UK, this opportunity has arisen to support the Export Control team that works across the whole business, from Projects to Major Equipment Procurement to Supply Chain.
You will provide a high level of expertise in the area of Export Licensing and utilise your stakeholder management skills to develop and cultivate a network throughout the business. You will have a passion and enthusiasm for Export licensing and be at the forefront of what is happening as the business grows and develops its export activity.The Role
What we are looking for
- Providing expertise, advise on Export Licencing, dealing with internal and external agencies to ensure company compliance
- Managing a small team to deliver excellent customer service
- Collaborating closely with government departments, networking internally and externally and helping to drive the business forward to meet export requirements
- To succeed in this role, you need an eye for detail
- Export Licencing experience, ideally from the defence sector
- Previous management skills
- Good mediator and communicator when dealing with a range of people in different subject areas
- Positive decision making
- Ability to stimulate and inspire others
Whats in it for you?
- Technical training and development available
- You will be involved potential with any Project within the UK business and also working internationally.
- The opportunity to develop your expertise in all aspects of Export Licensing, ITAR & EAR regulations, which in turn will develop your knowledge and understanding of UK Projects and their development
- Travel will be required within Europe and this brings the opportunity to develop your language skills.
Join a great team!
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development of export control best practices and providing essential support to the company both in the UK and occasionally supporting our international teams
- The team is consistently striving to achieve excellent export control compliance which involves reacting to new technologies, challenging products and destinations, proposing changes to work more efficiently and helping to influence others
- Experience on all projects and areas of the business mean that the work is very diverse and rewarding
- Working in a team where changing circumstances and prioritisation is always challenging and inspiring
- Changing and adapting to the business and react to unforeseen requests and changes
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).