MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £47,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 2 to 3 days per week on site.
A unique opportunity has arisen which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of somebody with experience as a ‘hands on engineer' to work as a Field Support Representative for one of MBDA's Air-Launched products overseas on the South American continent.
What are we looking for?
- You need to be a practical ‘hands on' engineer willing to work with the Weapon System Designers, the MoD and Customer partners.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, as you will need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people while maintaining a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things change at the last minute.
- Sound knowledge of the MoD structure and engineering processes whilst keeping yourself up to date in the relevant technical areas.
- Be flexible and adaptable in your work, with the capacity to gain competencies in (and support) multiple products.
- Deliver, or assist in the delivery of Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost including responding to technical queries from the Customer.
- Provide Support to Design, Trials or Individual Projects when required and liaise with product suppliers in support of Field Support activities.
- Maintain personal and Technical reports and records of all Field Support activities, to a high standard.
- You may be required to lead a Contractor's Working Party, at the Customer's location, in the UK or overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- Having experience and a working knowledge of the Defence environment and experience of working with a Trials Team would be beneficial.
- An ability to mentor other, more junior, staff as appropriate.
- Once deployed you will capable of working and reporting alongside the customer.
- Familiarity with Portuguese would be an advantage.
- You will work as part of the Field Support Team, providing full-time in-country support to our export Customer in South America, within the scope of your Company Approval.
- After an initial training period in the UK (approximately 3 – 6 months), you will deploy to the Customer location on a full-time basis for a minimum period of 12 months.
- Respond to Technical Queries from the Customer in a reasonable and timely manner
- Initiate and implement process and technology improvements to deliver Continuous Improvements in MBDA Quality and product availability.
- Ensure all necessary tools and equipment are available for use or perform timely replacement and or calibration to secure minimal disruption.
- Assist other organisations with information and technical support regarding Company Products during Support, Installation and Commissioning activities, at the Customer's location.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and any Export customer's local culture, behaviour and requirements.
Join a great team!
- The CSS UK Field Support Team is currently populated by a variety of experienced, technically capable engineers, at numerous locations within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!