MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Location: Bristol or Stevenage
We are looking for someone to join a fast-paced project in the early stages of design development, maturing the functional architecture and requirements.
The Weapon System behaviour has been divided into a set of functional domains. Work within a functional domain aims to gradually decompose the top level behaviour of a domain into individual functions that can be allocated to equipment and provided to the design team as sets of requirements for design.
We are looking for new team members across several domains, the role covers multiple aspects including:
What we're looking for
- Working with the other Functional Design Domains to understand, challenge and negotiate the boundaries and interactions guided by the Functional Modelling Architect who will help to ensure coherency.
- Performing functional analysis to decompose functional requirements into lower-level functions
- Identify, scope, and conduct functional design & trade studies to be undertaken to mature understanding of required behaviour/performance and support requirement maturation
- Propose allocation of functional performance and/or constraints to physical sub-systems
- Working closely with domain partners to support maturation of the functional behaviour, architecture and requirements
- Developing relevant aspects of the project MBSE models
- The candidate will likely be responsible for a subset of munition equipment TRSs and heavily contribute to the development of the functional and performance requirements. This will involve working closely with other domains and the customers of the respective TRSs.
- They will need to keep track of compliance and shortfalls (TBD registers) and pull out risks that emerge and agree mitigation plans as required.
- Ability to develop requirements collaboratively with partners
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering
- While not essential, experience of Rhapsody and Doors tools would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact both internally and externally with customers, technical specialists, equipment teams and senior management.
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of the next generation deep strike capability being developed by MBDA
- Opportunity to develop a new network, internal and external to MBDA as well as internationally.
- Practical experience of Agile principles and supporting frameworks on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business.
- To work in a motivated and collaborative environment
Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!