MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen for an HR Advisor to join the Engineering HR business partnering team to work closely with various engineering sub functional teams as well as within the wider HR function. The role could be based in Stevenager, Herts or Bristol and will include a blended approach to onsite and remote working.
What’s the role?
- Coach, influence and advise the relevant engineering business areas in all matters relating to people management ensuring effective people management activity (e.g. retention, capability, performance management, sickness absence, talent management)
- Work closely with the business area acting as the key contact for complex people issues providing advice, coaching and solutions
- Contribute to new HR policy and process requirements as required
- Coach, advise and influence the relevant business area to ensure compliance with employment legislation and company policies and procedures
- Become an established member of the management team to identify development opportunities, coach the management team through all people issues and help develop their management style
- Work closely with the Function/Department Heads to understand the business challenges and the people issues that may arise
- Participate in UK and International team meetings and contribute to the planning of all HR activities, developing ideas to improving processes or developing solutions to overcome problems
- Organise and prioritise own workload ensuring all deadlines are met, reviewing and monitoring priorities to ensure quality and standards are maintained
- Ensure international/national HR calendar activities are delivered within time and to quality
What we’re looking for
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to flex and adapt and be resilient through periods of change
- Self-motivated with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Established ability to build constructive working relationships and use effective coaching and influencing skills
- Excellent practical knowledge and understanding of Employment Law
- The ability to bring innovative HR solutions or ways of working to both the Engineering HR Business partnering team as well as the engineering business area
- Ability to appreciate and seek to resolve complex organisational and business problems
- Strong consultancy problem solving, coaching and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- International and national travel may be required
- The ability to work in ambiguous situations and create clarity from them
- The ability to influence other HR functions to support business requirements
- A nice to have, experience of any of the following; Organisational design, Skills for the future, Strategic Resource Planning, Knowledge Management, Employee engagement
What’s in it for you?
- You will be able to form close working relationships with the local Management teams. You will gain experience within a specific customer base and extend your professional network and impact within MBDA
- You will have the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of the challenges faced by the business, whilst identifying the key people issues that need your drive and support to deliver.
- You will have opportunity to take responsibility for managing a wide range of situations, such as:
- assisting the business area though a culture change through the transition to Dynamic Working
- working with managers to create individual development and progression plans
- supporting recruitment and improving retention
- case management of employees
- managing disciplinary, capability and grievance issues fairly, within the framework of UK employment law, MBDA policy and business satisfaction
- Flexible/hybrid working, opportunities for career progression, paid overtime, bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, fantastic working environment and site facilities , social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- The Engineering HR team is a fun, successful, integrated team, with members in four Nations (France, UK, Italy & Germany)
- The ethos is togetherness, where knowledge-sharing and communication is valued
- Communication is key as you will need the support of all your colleagues and peers
MBDAis an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.