MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Occupational Health Technician
Job Ref No: P8376
MBDA: Level 2
Reports to: Senior OHA
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced adaptable OH technician who also likes the challenge of administration multi-tasking and is great working with new developing practices and systems. The role will support the team in delivering a best practice health & wellbeing, health management and health surveillance (OH) service to employees.
- Delivering a proactive face to face technical function involving health surveillance, lifestyle screening and health & wellbeing campaigns (50%)
- Providing an OH service administration function (50%) supporting the OH Manager and OH team
- Managing the occupational health database (Cohort) and providing statistical analysis data
What’s in it for you?
- Working alongside experienced occupational health practitioners with specialist knowledge
- On the job training and support
- Learning about our unique business and meeting employees from across the business
- Developing new OH administration and technical skills
We have a diverse in-house OH team who demonstrate their passion for the profession, their role and the business
- You will be joining a great team who continue to bring fresh ideas to the business and been part of the new occupational health and wellbeing service
- The team strive for excellence and have contributed to several business awards having recently achieved the Health & Wellbeing Investors In People Award at Gold level
- The team have previously won Occupational Health team of the year (private sector) in the OHW Awards
- The team strive for excellence and have recently contributed to the business Rospa Gold award
What are we looking for?
- 5 GCSE’s grades A-C (or equivalent) – Essential
- Experienced OH Technician with a Health care NVQ level 2/3 qualifications - Essential
- Training in OH health screening/surveillance Essential
- Phlebotomy/ECG skills - Desirable
- Travel health experience - Desirable
- Business Administration experience or qualification -Desirable
- Passionate about health & wellbeing
- A self-starter - to succeed in this role, you need to be proactive, organised and able to multi-task well
- Paid overtime, great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, and great site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDAis an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.