MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary up to £48K + bonus + over time + benefitsThe Opportunity:
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function within a newly formed Strategic Procurement Hub.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join the MEP team to develop solutions to proactively support the function in its decision-making process associated with sourcing and evaluating new and existing global Suppliers providing major sub-systems in support of provision of complex weapon solutions for the UK MoD and its allies.
The successful candidate will bring their professionalism, attention to detail and experience to contribute through improving the visibility, presentation, analysis and accuracy of Procurement data. They convert business needs into deliverable requirements and work with a wider range of stakeholders to deliver an appropriate solution.The Role:
You will have, or develop, a broad knowledge of creating solutions and working with a variety of people to deliver capabilities that support current business operations and future business goals and aspirations.
Data and analytics forms the core of the Strategic Procurement Hub and you will work closely with Category Managers, Data Analysts, Application Developers and the wider Function and business.
The role will be a mixture of understanding business operations, translating business needs into requirements and project managing projects from concept to completion. You will also be expected to be the team leader with Procurement Data and Business Analysts reporting to you, along with Graduates/Apprentices undertaking placements in your team.Key aspects of the role involve:
- Engage and communicate within the MEP function to understand the needs of the department and wider internal stakeholders.
- Produce requirement specifications based on these needs.
- Lead and project manage the implementation of solutions, working with internal stakeholders across the business, to deliver best value propositions.
- Assist in the development and monitor the effectiveness of appropriate governance systems to ensure deployed solutions remain topical and are appropriately evolved.
- Provide functional training on analysing data (as required)
- Provide analytical expertise and support regarding the development and improvement of processes, tools and templates.
- As required, undertake Line Manager responsibilities for the MEP Business Analytics team within the Strategic Procurement Hub. This will include objective setting, performance assessments, provide coaching and on-the-job training, managing workloads and ensuring employee well-being.
Who are we looking for?
An enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with changeable / ambiguous complex business needs and evolve them into solutions.
Strong analytical, disciplines and methodologies, coupled with organisational, collaboration and prioritisation abilities.
Ability to understand complex problems and be able to undertake organised and logical analysis, identifying key issues with recommendations
A natural communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to challenging timescales. Where required, you will be required to provide detailed briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews, including potential issues/risks and recommendations.
Act as a change agent in collaborating process continuous improvement projects within the MEP function.
The role will involve infrequent travel to other MBDA offices, within the UK and Europe.Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in business or a quantitative discipline (such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or quantitative economics).
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst within complex project environments – experience of working in procurement environment is advantageous, but not essential.
- Excellent stakeholder management to build and maintain effective relationships across the business to deliver solutions.
- Proven analytical and sceptical mind-set with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite capability especially for data analysis and presentations (SAP, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Strong data analyse software experience (Google Analytics, Minitab, B.I, R Studio etc.)
- Experience of leading and developing a team
What's in it for you?
You will be joining a highly skilled, energetic supply chain team who strive for personal and professional excellence such that they are the recognised leaders within MBDA for delivering global through life equipment and service Procurement solutions to support business aims and our end Customer's needs.
Our work is complex, challenging and varied. However, we all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work, deliver sustainable Defence capability to UK Armed forces and other international governments.
What's great about the team?
The Strategic Procurement Hub team has been recently established within MEP, which provides a unique opportunity to establish new ways of working and solutions to the function, along with working in a driven and energetic team.
Join a dedicated team who support one another in what are common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge and experience.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.