MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £48,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Dynamic (hybrid) working: We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2/3 days on-site.
Are you passionate about managing critical supplier subcontracts? Do you have experience of providing commercial guidance and would love the opportunity to work collaboratively with suppliers?
As a Procurement Subcontract Specialist for Major Equipment Procurement (MEP), you will partner our suppliers and enable MBDA to provide world-leading defence capabilities for our Home Nations and their Allies.
You will lead subcontracts and obligations across the entire life cycle of missiles and missile systems, project manage the on-time, on-cost, on-quality delivery of high value and sophisticated sub-systems, provide commercial guidance to internal customers and manage risk and opportunity to safeguard the interests of MBDA.
What we're looking for from you:
MEP provides a collaborative, team-focused environment where multitasking is a key skill. This is a really key role, and we need people who can help us be successful by taking requirements and problem solving with tangible solutions. There will be ample opportunities for you to develop within the MEP team and across the wider procurement business. You will be required to travel to our suppliers in the UK, Europe and potentially internationally.
- You'll bring experience in procurement subcontract management, e.g. negotiation, contract and terms and conditions
- Be able to problem solve daily and skilled at finding a resolution
- Keen to provide continuous support and co-operation to senior internal and external customers
- Continually improve opportunities, analyse situations and present possibilities, whilst balancing risk
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.