Full-Time (Part-Time working considered)
Opportunities in Stevenage and Bolton
Salary Up to 45,000 (dependent upon experience) plus bonus and benefits
We are looking for procurement professionals to join our diverse Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) department at MBDA Missile Systems. MEP, who focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of bespoke high value /and high complexity sub-systems needed to deliver world leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies.
Upon joining our team, you will undertake a role with a considerable responsibility for pro-actively managing multiple critical supplier work packages, developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers who are designing and delivering complex systems (such as Rocket Motors, Launchers, Warheads, Seeker Systems & more).
The MEP role is unique, fast-paced and exciting, al requiring a combination of commercial expertise and partner management skills to lead business relationships with strategic suppliers, across a wide range of initiatives to drive overall supplier performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects below relating to the generation and performance of their supplier portfolio, including:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, in accordance with applicable legislation and company processes
- Providing commercial guidance to internal stakeholders
- Generating and implementing supplier strategies that deliver Value for Money
- Resolving supplier performance issues and/or conflicts
- Risk management and risk mitigation planning
- Managing supplier performance (hardware and documentation)
- metric reporting and adherence
- Cash Management
- Schedule adherence
- Building and nurturing supplier and key stakeholder relationships
- Safeguarding the interests of MBDA
Who are we looking for?
- A tenacious individual day-to-day problem solving in an exciting commercial environment is a key part of the role, so you will need to be comfortable in asking and answering difficult questions, challenging yourself and others to common goals, organising both people and situations.
- A strong communicator reporting and co-operation with senior internal and external stakeholders will be frequently required.
- A team player capable of influencing and managing multiple relationships, you should also be comfortable working autonomously when required.
- An assertive individual with a can-do attitude who continually seeks way to maximise on opportunities - analyse situations and be adept at understanding and presenting different possibilities, balancing risk.
- An individual who is flexible and adaptable in certain roles, there may be significant expectation of global travel.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role, ideally within a Defence or Aerospace contracting environment.
- Ideally degree qualified in a business subject area, procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in:
- Negotiation in Customer/ Supplier environment
- Bidding to win against a context of global supply chains
- Contract conditions
Whats great about the team?
- Join a highly motivated and experienced team with vast experience in delivering and sustaining defence capability with our Armed Forces, through collaborative supplier relationship management.
- Join a dedicated team who support one another in what are common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge, experience and opinion.
- Our work is complex, challenging and varied however we all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work, deliver sustainable Defence capability to UK Armed forces and other international governments.
What would you get?
- The opportunity to develop a broad skill set / experiences on a wide range of scenarios on a global scale and great opportunities for career progression.
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime & travel time, a comprehensive pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday, social, charitable and sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, all employee bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is outstanding and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
- We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.