MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Salary: Up to £48,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Multiple roles are available across all of our projects
We seek passionate procurement specialists to join our Major Equipment Procurement department, to work collaboratively with our suppliers around the world and enable MBDA to provide world-leading defence capabilities for our Home Nations and their Allies.
We lead commercial relationships with UK and overseas companies, which are typically the design authority for the articles procured. Our supplier subcontracts cover the entire life cycle of missiles and missile systems under the responsibility of MBDA UK; this provides us varied opportunities and role progression, as well as the chance to travel (potentially internationally, depending upon which project you are assigned).
You will have responsibility for managing critical supplier subcontracts and obligations, project managing to ensure the on-time, on-cost, on-quality delivery of tailored high value, sophisticated sub-systems and services, subcontract management, resolving any issues/conflicts, providing commercial guidance to internal customers and risk and opportunity management to safeguard the interests of MBDA.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience in procurement/subcontract management - negotiation, contract and/or terms and conditions management
- Business, procurement or supply chain qualification/accreditation (degree/CIPS) or equivalent experience
- Day-to-day problem solving and challenging for resolution
- Reporting and co-operation with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Continually improving opportunities, analyse situations and present possibilities, whilst balancing risk
- Flexibility and adaptability to build relationships with global suppliers
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.