MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £60,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Our enhanced parental leave offers up to 26 weeks for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave. Enhancements are available for paternity leave, neonatal leave and fertility testing and treatments.
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Dynamic (hybrid) working: We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 2/3 days on-site.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function for MBDA UK. MEP focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of customized high value / high complexity sub-systems and supporting new technology acquisition needed to deliver world-leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies. We are also responsible for developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with Suppliers who are crafting and delivering sophisticated sub-systems and unique services for MBDA and its Customers.
We are seeking a Procurement Terms & Conditions Manager to provide commercial expertise in the development, drafting and execution of sophisticated contractual documentation and agreements with our suppliers, who are contracted to deliver equipment and services to support MBDA UK's domestic and export programmes. This role will suit someone who is able to provide terms and conditions advice, promoting the best practise contracting principles and aligned with applicable legislation and procurement policies.
As a Procurement Terms & Conditions Manager you will have, or develop, a broad knowledge of commercial relationships and terms and conditions to support contracting in a defence context and environment. Using this knowledge, you will provide expertise to a dynamic team on operational agreements, in support of a wide portfolio of goods and services. Furthermore, you will provide functional leadership and guidance on contract governance to train, shape and improve our team procurement contracting approach.
- Acting as a contracting champion by driving continuous improvement in subcontract terms and conditions generation, review, negotiation and execution in order to safeguard business interests and mitigate risk.
- Owning and continuously adapting various framework terms and conditions, templates and standard methodology guidance in order to protect the company and its information and ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Analysing, interpreting and advising on flow down of prime terms and conditions.
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of collaborators, focusing on collaboration
- Able to provide authority technical advice, guidance, support and training to team members and internal customers.
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of company systems and contracts database.
- Reporting to senior management on the progress of contractual topics.
- Secretary to the subcontract review panel and sub-contract committee.
- Support to the development of tools and information management systems.
- Work within a function that is business critical, supplying to the overall company business plan and know that you are making a real difference.
- A team who support one another in common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge, experience and opinion.
- A team with a drive to make things work better and prepared to redefine the established standards.
- Our work is sophisticated, exciting and varied. However, we all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work, deliver sustainable Defence capability to UK Armed forces and other international governments.
- This is a unique Procurement role, which will develop your ability to influence business decisions internally.
- Working a varied role that makes every day a little bit different from the last.
- To be part of a valued team where your opinion counts.
- Work for a function that invests in its people and their development.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and agreeing contracts and agreements - ideally within a Defence and Aerospace context.
- Familiarity with MoD contracting including DEFCONs would be beneficial.
- Experience of Procurement within a complex industry would be beneficial.
- Ideally qualified to degree or equivalent level ideally in a business / legal subject area with relevant procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
- A driven self-starter with shown expertise in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements (preferably within Defence, Aerospace or related sector)
- An analytical and critical thinker with strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and validated experience of collaborating with corporate functions such as legal, sales, commercial etc
- Sound judgement and the ability to apply commercial risk basked judgment to decisions
- A highly organised and meticulous individual able to manage, prioritise and deliver multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure, with minimal direction.
- Someone with effective interpersonal and communication skills with an open, confident and clear leadership style and a keen interest in establishing links.
- You will have a curiosity about staying updated on industry and legal trends and be able to promote best practice and functional excellence.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more…
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.