MBDA - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary up to £45,000 dependent on experience + bonus and benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Assurance Engineering professional to join the Product Assurance Equipment Engineering team supporting a variety of Test Systems across development & production programmes.
This opportunity provides the chance to play a pivotal role within an established PA team embedded within Electronic Engineering with the aim of ensuring all core PA EE activities are met and closely working with Major project Product Assurance Managers across the business, preventing/minimising product non-conformance, supporting smooth Equipment delivery, assuring reliable products and increasing customer satisfaction.
What we're looking for
- Ideally minimum HNC/HND in Engineering or Quality Assurance
- Experienced quality professionals, preferably within Electronic Engineering, with a proven track record
- Practitioner of current QA problem solving and improvement methods (8D, RCA, DMAIC, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the product lifecycle - specifically in development
- A high degree of self-motivation, autonomy and to work proactively
- Excellent organisation, communication & interpersonal skills – an ability to influence change
- Respectful team player, comfortable working in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills; ability to run reports in Excel, use SAP QM system, and document management tools
- Continuous improvement awareness and ability to use own initiative to deliver improvements
- Ability to understand and respect cultural differences
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding quality organisation and develop as a quality professional.
- A varied, diverse and challenging role working across all engineering domains.
- Opportunity to work and gain experience with current and future technologies, processes, products and tools both nationally and multi-nationally.
- You will be working across a number of MBDA's leading programmes to aid on time, on quality delivery.
- Gain knowledge of deploying the latest quality tools and techniques across the full product life cycle.
- Review, contribute and maintain Equipment Quality planning documentation.
- Ensure compliance to Electronic Engineering procedures is maintained.
- Ensure Product Life Cycle reviews are planned, carried out and actions managed appropriately.
- Manage Product Non-Conformance. Facilitate implementation of Non-conformance process. Support design and manufacturing defect investigations. Provide Non-Conformance data analysis and summary reports into Major Test Equipment and senior management reviews.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate Quality risks and issues for in house equipment's with the aim of reducing risk and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Participate in engineering process improvement and facilitate local flash audits providing compliance and process improvement ideas.
- Plan and facilitate quality focused micro training to increase quality process awareness, efficiencies and competencies within the engineering teams.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a high performing, highly focused and motivated team responsible for delivering product primarily during the development phase.
Teamwork is key - The team are very supportive, dedicated and committed with ambition to continuously achieve.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.