MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Software Engineer (Term/Part-Time Working)
Salary: Up to £60,000 FTE (doe)
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation.
We are interested in Software Engineers who would love to join our Stevenage Functional Test team on a Term/Part Time basis, working as part of a dynamic team to develop and deliver innovative solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies!
We are committed to developing careers and skillsets by supporting our engineers' personal development whilst ensuring that a healthy work/life balance is maintained!
What are we looking for?
Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions is desirable, along with:
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers.
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553; or similar.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling.
What's in it for you?
As well as the chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution:
- The role supports the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, giving you the opportunity to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and craft how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools
- Taking part in special interest groups and communities to improve the way we develop and deliver software in a variety of subjects.
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering.
- A supportive working environment enabling you to grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
What's great about the team?
- We are a strong cohesive team with an open and supportive approach to software development
- A dynamic team passionate about developing and delivering innovative solutions
- The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. Making it a great place to learn about the company's entire product range.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.