Software Work Experience - Stevenage 2023
Work Experience is a great way to get an idea of what your future career may involve. The MBDA Work Experience scheme has been designed to give you a better view of opportunities available on our Early Careers Programmes.
Within the Software Work Experience scheme, you will be working with a Raspberry Pi kit to understand how the missile software controls different parts of the system, and also get an insight into the day-to-day role of a software engineer at MBDA. Some experience with the programming language Python will be beneficial, but not essential. The primary requirement is a passion to go further in the field of software engineering.
Additionally, the Work Experience Scheme aims to give you an awareness into the company and industry, achieved through site tours, work-based tasks with current employees and a chance to gain tips and tricks to begin your career.
What's in it for me?
You will build on some of the below skills:
- Technical problem solving skills
- Hands on practical skills Via Workshops and Practical Activities
- Teamwork and communication
- Increase awareness of critical thinking
- Creativity in engineering
- Presentation skills
In addition to this, MBDA Work Experience is a great way to:
- Start to network with diverse professionals
- Enhance your CV
- Gain a better insight into the engineering industry
Entry criteria and programme dates:
Our programme will run on the following dates for all students in Year 11, 12 and 13:
8th, 15th, 22nd July
Please state on your application which of these weeks you would be available to attend.
Students will be expected to onsite between the hours of 9am and 4pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 12.30pm on Friday.
- Submit your application by no later than the 12th January 2024*
- Your application will be reviewed by the Work Experience Team.
- If your application is successful, a member of the Work Experience Team will contact you by telephone for a short interview to discuss why you would like to take part in Work Experience with us.
- Finally, should you be offered a place on the Work Experience Scheme, the details will be confirmed via email, including details of any paperwork that must be completed before your work experience week can go ahead.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email a member of the Work Experience Team: ftn.StevenageWorkExperience@mbda.co.uk
* Please be aware that because of the volume of applications, we may not be able to accommodate all applicants, and may close applications early due to a large influx