Systems Engineer 10 Month Placement 2022
Our products are sophisticated! - Systems Engineers work on our products at any point in their lifecycle with a wealth of different experiences to get involved in. Systems Engineers also engage with an array of different people allowing for exciting opportunities such as helping the Military to define, develop & prove both current & future weapon systems. Based in our Bristol and Stevenage sites, our teams are looking for undergraduates to join them in:
- Conceptualising new products and technologies;
- Investigating exciting scientific principals and breakthroughs;
- Delivering new capabilities through developing state of the art technology;
- Conducting system studies to define the weapon systems of tomorrow
- Writing system and sub-system level specifications and interface definitions;
- Developing and managing requirements;
- Requirements proving, validation and certification;
- Simulating weapon system performance and analysing missile trials data;
- Planning, modelling and adapting missile routes, both pre-flight and during flight, to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon;
- System integration, testing, data analysis and qualification.
Due to the nature of the work involved, you will work with a diverse range of people at all levels across the business. You will be able to utilise and develop technical engineering and personal skills due to the wide variety of work available.
You could be working on a variety of projects in areas from future capabilities to in-service products. Bristol based students will complete one 10 month placement whereas Stevenage based students will experience two 5 month placements. Either way your overall placement will enable you to experience different aspects of Systems Engineering.
Through the placement, we’ll help you understand the make-up of a missile or a weapon system; from the warhead to the seeker in the missile to the wider weapon system components. Working closely with external parties, subcontractors and government customers you’ll gain experience of many systems engineering methods and tools, such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Matlab and Simulink.
Currently studying for a degree in any STEM related subject.
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.