Accounts Payable - Stevenage
Role Title and Location: Accounts Payable, Stevenage
Job Ref No:P7471
MBDA Level of role: 2/3
Reports to Financial Controller
An opportunity has arisen to join the UK Bought Ledger team of the Finance directorate
The role deals with the invoices and supporting data from a number of suppliers
Responsibility for arranging periodic supplier payment runs
- Provides suppliers with particular information they may require when initially setting up or reviewing our company as a customer
- An opportunity to assess and improve current processes and procedures for the Bought Ledger team and be a key part of ensuring successful implementation
What’s in it for you?
- Undertaking an established role in a very supportive environment with the scope to innovate and help drive change
- Liaison with suppliers, purchasing and colleagues from other functions
- Gather further experience of the industry widely used SAP R3 accounts payable software
What’s great about the team?
- Part of the Accounting Services team within the UK Financial Accounting & Reporting department committed to assisting the business in providing timely and accurate financial records
- Team is located together in a part of a large open plan friendly environment
What are we looking for?
- A good understanding and experience of using SAP
- Experience of accounts payable
- Working in a fast paced environment and ability to deal with high volume
- To understand and manage challenges that might be experienced in such a role
- Good interpersonal skills for liaison with suppliers and other functions
- Used to working towards and achieving deadlines
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner
- Enjoy working with a small team as part of a wider finance function
- High level of attention to detail
- Confident using excel – proficient with Pivot tables, V-look up etc.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)