Algorithm Systems Engineer (Stevenage)
Role Title and Location: Algorithm Systems Engineer (Stevenage)
Job Ref No: P7172
MBDA: Level 3 or 4 (depending on experience)
Reports to: Team Leader / Systems Design Lead
This is an opportunity to demonstrate your algorithmic design and modelling skills in developing the algorithms to track targets and to control the seeker, and in producing a dynamic mathematical model of the seeker and its target environment. The role includes aspects of algorithm design, simulation and modelling, auto-code generation and performance assessment.
The role includes
- Define requirements, interfaces and test criteria for an algorithm or model block within the existing system architecture.
- Research, design and document the algorithm giving regard to processor limitations (e.g. aiming at firmware or software).
- Implement the algorithm within the system model and test the functionality of the algorithm.
- Produce and verify auto-code and/or test vectors as applicable.
- Assist integration and testing of algorithms and fix problems arising from testing.
- Run model simulations for seeker performance predictions and compare to trials data.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working on a real product or concept making a direct contribution to MBDA’s overall business objectives.
- You will be involved in the design, development and proving of some of the key MBDA UK products throughout the product lifecycle from concept to in service support.
- You will be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative concepts for future RF seekers.
- In addition to your core skills, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in RF seeker technologies, system engineering design practices and project management.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of cross-functional working, seeker testing and trials.
- A mixture of formal courses and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience.
What’s great about the team?
- The project is supplying seekers into two missile programmes to tight deadlines. One programme is enhancing the capability of an existing product while the other is a new missile design.
- RF Seeker Systems Engineers provide the main technical focus for RF Seeker sub-system developments and interface with internal and external customers and suppliers on technical issues.
- The design team have a proven track record in understanding and designing RF Seeker sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
What are we looking for?
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in using Matlab or equivalent product
- Experience in developing and simulating models of real-world systems
- Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools and methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Be able to work autonomously and as a member of the team
- Show an ability to build good working relationship with team members and other functions/departments
- Have good communication skills
- Experience in Simulink and/or Stateflow
- Experience in model verification, configuration control and model release processes
- Experience in developing large-scale complex models
- Familiarity with radar systems
- Familiarity with control systems
- Familiarity with digital signal processing
- C/C++ programming
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)