Bid and Commercial Officer
Role Title and Location:Bid and Commercial Officer - Stevenage
Job Ref No:P7610
MBDA Level of role: Level 3 or level 4 depending on experience
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Commercial - Air Defence
An opportunity has arisen within a small fast-moving export focused team, part of a major UK/European Defence Contractor Sales and BD department, for an individual with energy and a strong work ethic to fulfil the dual role of Bidding and Commercial Officer. The role seeks someone with previous project management, export sales, bidding or commercial experience or the potential to develop these from a general sales/commercial background
What are we looking for?
- A motivated, pro-active individual who has excellent person skills
- A person with an eye for both the ‘big picture’ and detail
- Preferably with a third level qualification. Commercial, Economic or Accountancy qualifications and background an advantage but not critical for the right person
- Experienced in people management or with the potential to be a strong leader and organiser
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, as we work in a fluid and ever-changing bidding environment
- Strong Communicator
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working with and have the support of a highly experienced team
- You will receive full induction training for the role
- You will be eligible to avail of continuous professional development throughout your career within the section
- Although Stevenage based you will have the opportunity for international travel in connection with the role
- Within months you will be actively engaged in exciting and complicated high value export contracts
With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes, and superb learning and development opportunities.
Supporting the International Sales Team target of £1bn of orders over 5 years
Provide Export Bid / Proposal Management including, planning, controlling and all activities necessary for the proposal generation including – costing, pricing and documentation set.
Challenge and manage all actions within a multi-disciplinary environment (technical, engineering, commercial, procurement, legal, finance, customer support) to reach the global goal to deliver competitive proposals
Lead company bids through internal business approvals to ensure our export proposals are win oriented, commercially astute and meet the business requirements
Support contract negotiations
Support the preparation and negotiation of industrial agreements
Provide and Terms and Conditions expertise for domestic and export bids
What’s great about the team?
- ‘Commercial Operations’ is a diverse and committed team where team spirit and a good work/life balance is fostered
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team with abroad spectrum of experience in both domestic and export bidding, proposals and contracts
- The Commercial Operations department provides a progressive career path within the company
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
BS - SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Bid and Commercial Officer
- Job Ref no
- Job Code