Business Degree Apprenticeship 2019
Business Degree Apprentice 2019, Stevenage
Our Business Degree scheme is a four-year programme and a fantastic opportunity for you to join an organisation that has developed some of the leading Business Apprentices in the UK.
Business apprentices study towards a fully fundeddegree in Business Studies accredited by theChartered ManagementInstitute. This scheme provides day releaseat the University of Hertfordshire.
You willwork within our business on rotational placements, whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the standard company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
What you will be doing
There are 2 streams within the Business Degree Apprenticeship that you may be placed into.
Business – you will complete placements which will include Project Management, Commercial, Procurement, and Supply Chain
Sales & Business Development (SBD) – placements will be focused on SBD engaging with the UK Ministry of Defence and International customers, gain experience in developing product strategy, industrial strategy, communications, marketing, bid management and contract negotiation.In addition you will spend a summer in one of MBDAs international offices.
We will consider you for both unless you specify an interest in only one within your application form.
As well as challenging placementsyou willhave the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- 2 x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- 2 day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning & development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded degree in Business Studies with day release
- 5 days per year paid study time
- On the job training support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- A range of personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 25 paid days holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support is available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
Candidates must have a minimum of120 UCAS points through either:
a BTEC extended diploma (in any subject)OR
3 A-Levels in any subjectsAND
GCSE Maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above.
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments.
What you would get:
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime as required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)