Commercial Graduate 2019
Commercial Graduate, Stevenage
What’s the opportunity?
The Commercial function is offering a fantastic programme of learning for a Graduate to join their team. We work across the whole product portfolio and help maintain and enhance the Commercial aspects of the business.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to grow, develop and establish yourself in a creative, innovative and forward thinking company.
What will you be doing?
- Business Strategy – Being part of maximising the identified business opportunities.
- Business Winning – Being a key player in the winning of new work and maintaining the viability of MBDA.
- Contract Delivery – Being part of delivery chain that ensures MBDA meets all its promises to its customers.
- Visiting and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers.
- Being the point of contact for your project(s) for any contractual information and agreements including obtaining and providing legal advice.
- Communicating with all levels of personnel.
- Reporting to senior management on the progress of your contracts.
- Representing the Commercial team in progress/review and/or customer meetings.
- Analysing and problem solving every day and complex issues both internal and external with the help of a multi-functional team where required.
- Working under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Day to day administration and maintenance of the company systems.
What are the benefits for you?
- On-going training throughout the 2 year Graduate Programme and onwards through your career within the function.
- Work within a function that is business critical,contributing to the overall company business plan and know that you are making a real difference
- Develop your ability to influence business decisions internally.
- Meet and develop relationships with external customers.
- Working a varied role that makes every day a little bit different from the last
- To be part of a valued team where your opinion counts.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Working across all MBDA UK products will give you depth and breadth of experience and knowledge.
- We are a ‘TEAM’ of approachable and adaptable people that work together to ensure the Commercial Function works in the most effective way, meeting business needs.
- There is a huge depth and breadth of legal and commercial knowledge available to support you within your role.
- We are a ‘hands on’ function that inspires, creates, innovates and delivers on a daily basis.We will actively support your training and development.
- Above all we are a ‘Happy, Friendly and Welcoming Team’.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good relationship building skills
- Adaptable and Approachable
- Results driven
- Analytical in approach
- Cultural awareness
- Experienced in Microsoft Office packages.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters paid,flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)