Datalink and RF Undergraduate Placement 2019
Datalinks and Radio-Frequency Sensors Undergraduate Engineer, Stevenage
What’s the opportunity?The RF Sensors group has responsibility for a wide range of technologies within MBDA; such as data communications, radars, altimeters and seekers.
As part of your Undergraduateplacement you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.
What will you be doing?
Within RF Sensors we can offer you a broad range of opportunities:
- RF Systems work covers a variety of radio frequency sub-systems, including data communications; radars; radio altimeters; and seekers, typically operating between 1 and 18GHz.
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Undertaking research and design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to real projects and to impact their direction
- Varied and challenging work load
- Comprehensive career and ‘soft skill’ development throughout the one-year undergraduate course
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be working with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance
- You will get to see projects at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Interaction with other groups across the wider technical directorate as well as external customers/suppliers
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials
- The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the department also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
- The department consists of a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers/physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience. Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary
What are we looking for from you?
- You will hold or be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant engineering, electronics or applied physics degree
- We expect you to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and in return you will be challenged to develop ideas and deliver solutions to contribute to the success of projects.
- An interest in radio-frequency technologies, such as antennas and receivers is highly desirable.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters.Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)