E Learning Content Developer / Technical Illustrator
Role Title and Location: E Learning Content Developer
Job Ref No: P7540
Directorate: Programmes - CSS UK
MBDA Level of role: 3
Reports to: CSS UK Training Manager
What's the opportunity ?
- A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of someone with E-Learning Development experience that incorporates the design and build phases as well as illustration elements to work in the Training Department of MBDA UK Customer Support. To be successful in this position you will have previous commercial experience working in a similar E-Learning development role with responsibility for the design from storyboards and support of E-Learning training modules and resources as well as the relevant software purchasing and upgrades. A working knowledge of manipulation of CAD Models and model illustration, rendering etc. would be an advantage.
What will you be doing?
- In this role you will be embedded within CSS UK and required to provide E-Learning module development support to the Training Team.
- You as the Lead UK Developer for E-Learning will be responsible for converting storyboards, manipulating CAD models, creating animations and effects in the design and build of E-Learning Training modules giving consideration to it working on mobiles and tablets.
- You will be responsible for the creation of computer-assisted learning modules that when combined with the technical documentation are designed to provide the user all information necessary for the installation, implementation, use, maintenance and possible repair of our products and its sub-assemblies.
- Illustration elements may include 2D illustration, 3D stills or scene creation as necessary. Manipulation of CAD models, rendering and animating will be required.
- You will be required to work on some multinational projects and in some cases international standards including SCORM compliance will come into effect.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a free flow of information between yourself and the Lead Instructor who provides the storyboards and training requirement for all relevant projects.
- You will be required to participate in E-Learning technology updates and advise in the field of CBT, CAD, possibly Virtual Reality business, process and deliverables.
- Create a procedure for the interaction between MBDA and external third parties in the drafting of specifications and tools to ensure the company is up to date with industry standards.
- Identify and implement process and technology updates to deliver Continuous Improvements in MBDA training product quality.
- Assist other organisations with information and technical support regarding MBDA products during the Training and Support phases of the contract.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and Export customer’s local culture, behaviour and requirements.
- Respond to E-Learning Technical Queries internal and from the Customer.
- Travel will be required to international destinations.
What are the benefits for you?
- This opportunity is a new, influential and a relatively autonomous job where you have the freedom to create and lead your vision and make your mark on how E-Learning for MBDA is used and progressed. Virtual Reality is also coming into scope.
- As this is a new capability you will have the ability to mould the role, software and the process.
- You will act as an ambassador for E-Learning Training and help develop both the Training Team and the corporate capability.
- Given that you will liaise with many project communities this job offers plenty of variety and the opportunity to travel primarily to France and Italy will be prevalent.
- An outstanding and rare opportunity to work with the MOD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders both domestic and international.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes.
What’s great about joining this team?
- The Training Team is currently populated by a variety of experienced, technically capable engineers at numerous locations within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of customer knowledge and experience to the defence training environment.
- You will be joining a friendly, dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development and delivery of MBDA Product Training and support in the UK and all over the world.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- You need to be a practical ‘hands on’ E-Learning Developer with Illustration experience willing to work with MBDA UK, France and Italy Training Instructors, key stakeholders within MBDA and the MOD.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Sound knowledge of the MOD structure and engineering processes such as the CADMID cycle would be advantageous.
- You will be required to respond to technical E-Learning queries from the Customer supported by the MBDA Training Team.
- Assist in the delivery of E-Learning to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of E-Learning workload, activities and sub-contracts.
- Maintain personal and Technical reports records of all E-Learning activities, to a high standard.
- An analytical mind, strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partner interaction, initiative and a belief in a team ethic.
- Strong resilience and a good communicator.
- Be able to mentor other, more junior staff as appropriate.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas. Travel will be infrequent but necessary to carry out this role.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the Training Environment both military and civilian would be desirable.
- Experience of working with a results based industry would be desirable.
- Experience of the design and delivery of product training to the UK military that is compliant with the UK MOD Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) would be an advantage but not a requirement.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base.
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)