Electrical Engineering Degree Apprenticeship 2021
Electrical Engineering Degree Apprenticeship, Stevenage
MBDA offers a four-year programme for its Electrical Engineering Apprentices. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an accredited engineering scheme that has developed some of the leading engineering apprentices in the UK
There are two streams within the Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship that you may be placed into. We will consider you for both unless you specify an interest in only one within your application.
The Electronic Engineering function manages the design and delivery of high technology electronic products for our projects. Their expertise includes:
- On board missile equipment such a weapon controllers, fin actuators, safety systems and data links
- Firing control units for land, naval and airborne platforms
- Automatic test equipment
- Electrical equipment
- Training simulators
- Countermeasures equipment
On this apprenticeship you’ll compete rotational placements within the Electronic Engineering department as well as Mechanical Engineering and more general placements, such as ISP and datalinks. You’ll get some lab experience, as well as the opportunity to create programs for SMT line and NPI work (New Product Introduction). You’ll also have the opportunity to complete external placements outside of MBDA, with our external contractors and suppliers.
Customer Support and Services
Customer Support & Services (CSS) has overall responsibility for the definition, development and delivery of support and service packages for all MBDA products, with the aim of continually being able to meet the most demanding of our customers’ requirements.
- Developing and implementing affordable and innovative support solutions covering the entire range of prime equipment as well as the support equipment, training, documentation, test benches and simulators required. This is under the control of the ILS Manager who is supported by a range of skills including supportability analysts, logistics modellers, technical authors and trainers.
- Maintaining through life the product support policy for the MBDA product portfolio, up to and including disposal/de-militarisation.
- Providing all required support services to our Customers for our in-service products, including ensuring that availability levels are maintained, technical assistance is provided as required, and modifications and mid-life updates are managed and implemented. This is under the control of the Product Support Manager, who is supported by a range of skills including Field Service Engineers, trainers, fleet planners, asset managers and support engineers.
On this apprenticeship you’ll compete rotational placements in
- Supportability Engineering
- Support Engineering
- Support Services including Technical Publications, Training and Field Support
- Mechnical/Electronic Engineering
- Dependability covering Reliability and Safety
- Human Factors
Whichever function you end up joining, you’ll study for a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield for one day a week and the remainder of your working week will be putting in to practice everything you’re learning in a real life environment.
This role has specific qualification level and subject criteria - please make sure you carefully check your eligibility against this criteria as we cannot consider applications from anyone that does not meet the following requirements:
5 x GCSE qualifications at Grade 4 or higher, to include Maths, English and a Science, Technology or Engineering subject
In addition to:
120 UCAS points through A level qualifications to include Maths at minimum grade C, plus a Science, Technology or Engineering based subject OR an additional Maths qualification.
120 UCAS points through BTEC Level 3 extended Diploma in Engineering (equivalent to DDM) - Including a Distinction in the Further Maths unit
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required
Rewards and Benefits
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here (please note that not all benefits are available to our summer placement and undergraduate students).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)