MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Due to an increase in work, we are recruiting for an Electronic Systems/Architect Engineer. Here at MBDA this role is involved in all aspects of missile development, from the early feasibility studies through to production and mid-life updates and in some cases, managing major equipment suppliers for the development of missile sub systems.
An Electronic Architect gathers the electronic architecture and requirements for a missile system. This means defining the optimum electrical architecture for all variants of the missile ensuring the electrical architecture and interfaces meet requirements and establishing project Processing and Communications policy and the Earthing and Bonding policy.
As part of the role, the architect would propose processor choice & operating system choice, recommend data bus types and routing. Electronic architects are also accountable for missile level power system, including power budget, power profiles and surges.
Additional activities include:
- Responsibility for missile signal safety design, to include routing of safety related signals, rules for signal separations in cable looms and on connector pin outs, plus special features such as dual redundancy
- Influencing missile sub-system interface definition through the definition of the discrete signals and their interfaces
- Acting as main point of contact for all technical issues relating to the missile avionics’ architecture.
- Responsible for the Telemetry System architecture for the missile.
- Acting as Equipment Manager (RMO) for specific missile electronic subsystems
- Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility
- Technically handling internal & external suppliers for delivery of sub-system work packages to time, cost, quality and performance requirements
- Collaborating with, and managing customer expectations throughout the development process.
- Responsibility for controlling any assigned budgets and identifying any further resource needs.
What are we looking for?
- Someone educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification having acquired substantial experience of electrical and electronic engineering, including digital electronics & microprocessor systems, analogue electronics & RF, electronic systems to perform image processing algorithms and power electronics
- Good understanding of broader engineering subject areas, including systems design and safety systems
- Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities
- Strong leadership ability, able to establish a clear engineering vision and influence managers and other partners across the company
- Strong interpersonal skills
Here's what’s in it for you:
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to build on their design experience and progress to a more senior technical role, such as Chief Design Engineer (CDE). This role will give the opportunity to provide direct technical supervision of engineers within the team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team.
Join a great team!
There are about 30 staff within the Electronic and Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all collocated with their Project Teams in Stevenage. Although we work for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within MBDA, we have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in many meetings.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter!