Electronic Manufacturing Test Graduate 2021
Electronic Manufacturing Test Engineering Graduate
Test Engineering is part of the Operations directorate based at our Manufacturing Centre of Excellence. Manufacturing consists of the Assembly, Integration and Test of all our products for the company. The products we make are delivered directly to the customer/end user and therefore manufacturing are vitally important to the delivery aspects of MBDAs business.
What’s the opportunity?
Test engineering is a diverse function covering a wide range of technical disciplines, ensuring quality at every stage of production. We have sub-teams covering the entire build process of our products – from individual circuit cards, to launch platforms and bespoke factory test equipment.
We work closely with our design teams to influence the testability of our products, and are also responsible for:
- The industrial validations of our production lines;
- Diagnostics and fault finding throughout production;
- Test-specific tooling design;
- Development of test and measurement techniques;
- Development of new manufacturing processes;
- Instructions on how to test our products;
- Day-to-day support of our operators building and testing our products;
- Providing training to operators and engineers.
The breadth of activities carried out by test engineering means that there’s a balance of work carried out in the office environment, and activities on the factory floor. There are also opportunities to support production at other MBDA facilities, in the UK and overseas.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying a degree in any of the following (or related): Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, General Engineering, Physics or Maths
- Training in the use of tools will be provided as necessary, but previous use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW, VBA, Engineering Drawing tools (e.g. Creo) would be an advantage.
- A passion for engineering and electronics.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)