Electronics Engineer Graduate 2020
Electronics Graduate, Stevenage
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for those who will have graduated by 2020 only as the start date for the programmewill be in early 2021.We expect to invite candidates to complete our tests in September with assessment centres taking place in October.
If youare graduating in 2021, orlooking for a September 2021 start then pleaseapply to our 2021 programme when we open for applications in September 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE WILL CLOSE ON THE 31st AUGUST 2020
What’s the opportunity?
The Electronic department provides complex electronic solutions to meet the demanding needs of missile, launch platforms and other support equipment.
“We start at the requirements and develop architectures, these then follow into the detailed design phase (the actual circuit design) and then to the verification, validation and qualification of the hardware where we test the hardware to provide evidence that our designs do what we expect them to do (verification) and meet the customers’ requirements (Validation). We then carry out tests in extreme conditions to ensure the products will operate in the harsh conditions they have to survive in (Qualification). During the Graduate scheme we have a placement in each of these; in order to understand all the steps needed to go from a requirement through to qualification.” Leo, Graduate.
By joining this team you will learn about the full design process for circuits and systems, which are used throughout the whole product range, current and future.
What will you be doing?
Spend 4 x 6-month placements developing your knowledge and gaining hands on experience in a combination of the disciplines below:
- Motor control and drive systems for actuation systems
- Communications and RF design for Datalinks
- Safety critical arming units
- FPGA firmware
- Digital and microprocessor design for weapon controller units
- Test solutions and equipment
- Working with new and emerging technologies for Internal Research and Development
What are the benefits for you?
- Choose where to go for placements; work on technologies already specialised in at university and try out different ones you have not.
- Visit our Bolton manufacturing site to bring to life the work do.
- Experience all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process.
- Join a team that is dedicated and focussed on delivery and technical excellence; rewarding both technically and on a personal level.
What’s great about joining this team?
Working with talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, offers one of the best ways to commence yourcareer and achieve a real feeling of success.
Working closely with other departments and being given the opportunity to work independently within a team provides invaluable knowledge of the company and our engineering processes, a must have for future career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity for travelto the company’s other home nations (France Germany and Italy), depending on projects being worked on.
The Graduate Scheme is accredited with the IET and you will be givensupport, including 100% fees paid, to work towards C. Eng registration. I. Eng registration can also be supported where appropriate.
The Electronics graduate scheme can provide early experience in management; from managing the summer placements and Work Experience programs to the running of a development lab in the electronics lab coordinator role, in order to meet required aspects of the IET accreditation.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Degree qualified by September 2020 in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics), Maths, Physics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
- A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
- The ability to work in a driven independent manner but not afraid to ask questions
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- flexible working hours
- fantastic site facilities
- paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- a comprehensive pension scheme
- employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- sporting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNIApply