MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Experimentation Engineer – Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7905SF
MBDA Level: Level 3/4 depending on experience.
Reports to: Head of Weapons Systems Simulation & Experimentation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experimentation Engineer, to join the Weapons Systems Simulation and Experimentation Team. The successful candidate will work closely with the head of function to engage the wider business to establish a portfolio of experimentation opportunities.
What we are looking for?
- We are looking for an Experimentation / Software Engineer to own the campaigns to identify opportunities for the use of experimentation in support of future weapon system developments.
- You will be comfortable operating in an environment where there is frequent change, where you will use your skills and experience to deliver our projects on time, by effective planning and co-ordination of our simulation experiments.
- You will have the ability to engage a disparate range of stake holders internally and externally to grow the experimentation portfolio and future work where you will build and develop relationships.
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and conduct bidding activities with a range of internal and external stake holders.
- The successful applicant will have excellent verbal and written communications and will be comfortable giving presentations.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the ability to Investigate and propose technology innovations to advance the simulation and experimentation capability, including preparing business cases for investments
- You will be able to build and develop your simulation skills through being part of agile teams within WSSE to support the development and delivery of simulations
- You will have the opportunity to work with teams across MBDA including, Human Factors, Operational Analysis, Future Systems to design the experiments
- You will be able to broaden your technical depth and breadth with work that combines the skills of broad view Systems Engineering and technical challenges of Simulation
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- You will play a pivotal role to support the team in the development of real-time software components to simulate weapon systems.
- You will be involved in the Integration of hardware components and real equipment to provide an end-to-end representation of the system that is used with the end user.
- You will support the group in their use of simulation standards (DIS and HLA, DDS)
- Report monthly on campaigns and the resulting experimentation to the Head of WSSE
- Effective planning and co-ordination of the team to ensure projects are delivered on time, on cost and to quality required.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will be working with industry recognised members of the simulation community
- You will be joining a team delivering advanced Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.Apply