Facilities Management Summer Placement 2020
Facilities Management Summer Placement, Stevenage
What’s the opportunity?
Our Facilities Management (FM) team manage and maintain the property portfolio of MBDA UK across six geographically separate sites to meet ever changing Business needs. This includes Travel, Catering, Maintenance, Reprographics, Document Management, Service Desk Management and Contract Cleaning.
What will you be doing?
Join us to develop your knowledge and hands on experience of some of the following skills
- Property Portfolio Planning
- Plan the utilisation of the various buildings to meet changing Business requirements
- Corporate Real Estate
- Acquisition and disposal of property
- Landlord and Tenant negotiation
- Financial Management
- Management of all indirect overhead costs associated with Property and associated Services
- Project Management
- Working with multi-functional teams including FM external partners in the development of packages for the management and delivery of building refurbishments and new builds
- Contract Management
- Development, procurement and management of contracts with a wide range of external service providers involving tendering, contract negotiation and the establishment of SLA’s & KPI’s
- Asset Management
- Management and planning of all building services and fabric replacements and upgrades
- Hard & Soft Services Management
What’s great about joining this team?
The team is a split into four different areas: Strategy, Projects, Operations and Commercial. All four areas are vital to the effective and efficient running of all services and projects across the whole portfolio. The team is friendly, sociable and fun yet highly experienced and professional. We like to laugh, but we know when to buckle down to get a job done together.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Currently studying towards a Degree in Business or Facilities Management or related subjects.
We are looking for those who are enthusiastic about facilities management and wanting to make an impact in the way the workplace is changing to meet the future needs of the business. Must have a great work ethic, be prepared to get stuck in and be a good communicator.
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 Salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNIApply