Future Battlespace Solutions 10 Month Placement 2021
Future Battlespace Solutions – 10 Month Placement
The Future Battlespace Solutions department supports the development of future products and export sales, through a variety of studies that provide evidence to support critical decision making. Within our department there are three teams;
- The Weapon Systems Concepts team identifies and defines potential future weapon system concepts, based on anticipated customer requirements and promising future technologies
- The Operational Analysis team is involved with assessment of weapons system options in warfighting scenarios, developing the tactics for future weapons, and generating evidence to support high level choices, both for UK future systems and potential export campaigns.
- The Battle Modelling team develops and uses a suite of mathematical modelling and simulation tools, including an air combat flight simulator, which is used to test new concepts and demonstrate current products to potential customers.
As an undergraduate, you will have the opportunity to work across all three of these areas. You will carry out a wide variety of tasks for multiple projects throughout the placement. Through these, you will develop an understanding of weapon systems in operational use, gaining a broad understanding of missile systems and learning about our industry, as well as developing your problem solving and analysis skills and written and verbal communication. Specific tasks you may be involved in include:
- Developing, running and documenting models used to study and visualise the future.
- Collation of input data to be used in studies, and investigating the results/output data.
- Self-managed research tasks on specified topics.
- Preparation of presentations and reports for a wide range of studies, for delivery to both internal and external customers.
- Exploring system capability for both MBDA and market products.
- Work with concepts and technologies for products that will be used 15 years from now.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here (please note that not all benefits are available to our summer placement and undergraduate students).
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a degree in in Maths, Physics, Systems Engineering, Computational Studies or Similar.
- An enthusiastic problem solver who is eager to learn.
- Clear, straight-thinking, sometimes when both the problem and data are uncertain.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)