Integration Engineer – RF/Microwave/IR System Hardware
Role Title and Location: Integration Engineer – RF/Microwave/IR System Hardware (Stevenage)
Job Ref No: P7550S
MBDA Level of role: Level 4
Reports to: Head of RF Design and Integration UK, Seeker Division, UK
MBDA’s UK Seeker Division designs and develops state of the art RF and Dual Mode (RF and IR) seekers for use in guided missile programmes. An opportunity exists for an engineer with broad based skills in electronic design to take a central role in the integration of sub-assemblies to form development standard seeker units. The role requires an engineer with good technical skills, a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to deliver products to the right standard within the required timescales.
Acting as a team member, you will carry out a full range of RF and IR Seeker integration and testing activities in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements.
Typical activities will include:
- Testing of seekers and sub-modules and overseeing their transition into series production, including development, qualification and production line proving.
- Integration of seekers into test platforms for trails, including specifying interfaces and liaison with the test equipment department to generate test set ups.
- Supporting offsite trials in conjunction with the trials team, including using and troubleshooting trials installations at the trials site.
- Assisting with the production of trials documentation including product and trials safety analysis, test plans and operating procedures.
- Producing and maintaining test documentation associated with seeker integration, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Contributing to the industrialisation of seeker build and test, including liaison with the production facility
- Contributing to “make/buy” decisions
- Participating in design reviews
- Providing support to Projects and to other Functions
- Supporting new business opportunities
- Carrying out technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment and design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Interfacing with internal customers
- Contributing to engineering team decisions
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative seeker solutions to address complex customer requirements.
- You will gain experience in RF/microwave seeker technologies and IR optical systems and be involved in various stages of seeker development, test and field trials. As the role progresses, the need to ensure that the hardware can be produced in volume production will also need to be addressed.
- The Seeker Division within MBDA is responsible for undertaking the systems design, performance evaluation, integration, design verification and certification of RF Seeker sub-systems and multi-mode seekers.
What’s great about the team?
- The seeker hardware team provides the design solutions to systems requirements including the build and test of these designs from concept to full scale production systems. They also interface with internal and external customers and suppliers on technical issues.
- The seeker hardware team have a proven track record in understanding and developing RF/microwave sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
What are we looking for?
Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) with the following prefferedskills and experience:-
Technical Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of high frequency RF and microwave electronic circuits
- Knowledge analogue and digital electronic circuits
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- Familiarity with radar and control systems and digital signal processing an advantage
- Ability to diagnose hardware problems using various methods; e.g. visual inspection, data analysis in both the design and production phases of a project
- Experience of working with other teams including systems and manufacturing
Other Skills and Experience
- Developed sense of commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to mentor and encourage less experienced staff by sharing knowledge
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Willingness to learn about projects, tools & methods
- A persistence to get the job done
- Ability to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required
- Familiarity with project control and reporting an advantage
- Ability to manage small /medium value projects within RF/microwave design areas
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.Apply