Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Part time working considered
Working on fast-moving projects to develop and evaluate navigation algorithms. Researching, developing, testing and evaluating algorithms as part of the wider complex system solution.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team within the Guidance, Control and Navigation Department and will get the opportunity to work across a range of contract and research activities hence impact multiple areas of deliveries within MBDA.
Navigation algorithms are central to the design and development of MBDA’s complex guided weapon systems products. Algorithms are developed at many stages of the lifecycle of the product including:
- Research studies, both externally and internally funded, to investigate algorithms for future developments
- Algorithms to support initial missile feasibility and concept studies
- Algorithms in support of assessment and development programmes
- Algorithms to support upgrades for in-service products.
What we’re looking for
- Strong programming skills are required including MATLAB
- Ideally PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience or Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Previous demonstrable programming, real-time implementation, validation & verification and navigation experience.
- Relevant experience with the state-of-the-arts navigation algorithms, Navigation Algorithm design, comparative evaluation and testing is a strong advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA’s complex weapon systems through your model development work. You will understand how GCN supports our weapon system products and gain insight into a number of related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interactions
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.