Principal Supportability Engineer
Role Title and Location:Principal Supportability Engineer - Stevenage
Job Ref No:P7267S
MBDA Level of role:L4
Reports to:Project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA’s Customer Support & Services (CSS) organisation for a Principal Supportability Engineer to take charge of work packages associated with influencing product design for support, and for developing cost-effective support solutions for our global customers. Working in an integrated project team environment during the product’s design and development phase, you will be able to exploit your through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy customers’ support requirements and MBDA’s support-related business objectives.
- Managing small to medium sized work packages on behalf of the project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager.
- Acting as a focus within the project for progressing design for support objectives, to include development of supportability requirements and the exploitation of new and existing technologies to facilitate through life support.
- Developing the optimum support solution for the product, typically within an Asset Availability Service context, while taking account of all stakeholder requirements and needs.
- Identifying the logistic support resource requirements and liaising with relevant project, business and CSS areas to facilitate their development.
- Supporting CSS functional improvement activities at both a national and international level.
What’s in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to develop your Supportability Engineering capabilities within a dynamic and challenging environment, and to develop a support solution in preparation for the delivery of an Asset Availability Service.
- Each day usually presents a new challenge: this will stretch and test you as individual but will also provide you with huge satisfaction as these challenges are met.
- A chance to influence the design of state of the art technologies to ensure the product is supportable when it is in service.
- An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the UK MoD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Working for a multinational organisation, there may be the opportunity to travel, in particular to France and Italy.
- Potential to further develop your career in several CSS areas including ILS Management, Product Support Management, and Support Engineering.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a focused, integrated and multi-functional team charged with developing one of several new weapon systems that will be a key part of UK and Export customers’ integrated defence capability over the coming decades.
- You will also be a member of CSS whose singular common goal is to provide the front line forces with the weapon systems they need to do their jobs. Working as a CSS representative in a development environment, you will have an ideal opportunity to define the support solution that will best satisfy this goal.
- Joining MBDA, you will be part of a multi-national organisation whose common values are Innovation, Integrity, Commitment, Passion and Team Sprit.
What are we looking for?
- We are seeking someone who can use long-term thinking to challenge today’s design and support solution concepts to make it easier for our customers, and for MBDA, to support our products in the future.
- We are looking for a self-motivated team player who has a willing and helpful attitude, and a calm professional manner when working in a dynamic design environment.
- You must be an experienced engineer with a track record in the application of Supportability Engineering techniques such as level of repair analysis, reliability centred maintenance, task analysis, life cycle cost analysis.
- You must have a sound knowledge of ILS standards such as Def Stan 00-600 or ASD S3000L, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure and processes.
- You must be able to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
- You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
- You must have the capability to proactively network, build trusting relationships and positively influence others in order to achieve your objectives.
- We want you to have strong interpersonal and highly developed verbal and written communication skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- You must be willing to travel occasionally within the UK and possibly overseas.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.Apply