Principal Supportability Engineer
Role Title and Location: Principal Supportability Engineer - Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7267S
MBDA Level of role: L4
Reports to: Project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA’s Customer Support & Services (CSS) organisation for a Principal Supportability Engineer to take charge of work packages associated with influencing product design for support, and for developing cost-effective support solutions for our global customers. Working in an integrated project team environment during the product’s design and development phase, you will be able to exploit your through-life support knowledge and capabilities, as well as interpersonal and communication skills, to satisfy customers’ support requirements and MBDA’s support-related business objectives.
- Managing small to medium sized work packages on behalf of the project Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager.
- Acting as a focus within the project for progressing design for support objectives, to include development of supportability requirements and the exploitation of new and existing technologies to facilitate through life support.
- Developing the optimum support solution for the product, typically within an Asset Availability Service context, while taking account of all stakeholder requirements and needs.
- Identifying the logistic support resource requirements and liaising with relevant project, business and CSS areas to facilitate their development.
- Supporting CSS functional improvement activities at both a national and international level.
What’s in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to develop your Supportability Engineering capabilities within a dynamic and challenging environment, and to develop a support solution in preparation for the delivery of an Asset Availability Service.
- Each day usually presents a new challenge: this will stretch and test you as individual but will also provide you with huge satisfaction as these challenges are met.
- A chance to influence the design of state of the art technologies to ensure the product is supportable when it is in service.
- An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the UK MoD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Working for a multinational organisation, there may be the opportunity to travel, in particular to France and Italy.
- Potential to further develop your career in several CSS areas including ILS Management, Product Support Management, and Support Engineering.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a focused, integrated and multi-functional team charged with developing one of several new weapon systems that will be a key part of UK and Export customers’ integrated defence capability over the coming decades.
- You will also be a member of CSS whose singular common goal is to provide the front line forces with the weapon systems they need to do their jobs. Working as a CSS representative in a development environment, you will have an ideal opportunity to define the support solution that will best satisfy this goal.
- Joining MBDA, you will be part of a multi-national organisation whose common values are Innovation, Integrity, Commitment, Passion and Team Sprit.
What are we looking for?
- We are seeking someone who can use long-term thinking to challenge today’s design and support solution concepts to make it easier for our customers, and for MBDA, to support our products in the future.
- We are looking for a self-motivated team player who has a willing and helpful attitude, and a calm professional manner when working in a dynamic design environment.
- You must be an experienced engineer with a track record in the application of Supportability Engineering techniques such as level of repair analysis, reliability centred maintenance, task analysis, life cycle cost analysis.
- You must have a sound knowledge of ILS standards such as Def Stan 00-600 or ASD S3000L, with an understanding of the customer environment, structure and processes.
- You must be able to solve challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
- You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
- You must have the capability to proactively network, build trusting relationships and positively influence others in order to achieve your objectives.
- We want you to have strong interpersonal and highly developed verbal and written communication skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- You must be willing to travel occasionally within the UK and possibly overseas.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.