RF Low Observability Engineer
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is a role in the Low Observability team within Sparkworks UK; our team has a track-record of developing and proving new capability in RF Stealth, including conventional and novel techniques.
We are looking for someone to join our multidisciplinary team which engages across many areas of missile design over a mixture of research and mainstream project work. We’re looking for someone who brings technical experience and an appreciation of how these technical challenges fit into the bigger picture; in particular we are seeking someone adept with EM or RF modelling and design tools to extend our capacity in this area.
Familiarity with RCS design and techniques is a bonus, although we have often trained people into the role who bring a positive attitude and the right aptitude.What we’re looking for
An experienced engineer or scientist with the following attributes:
- Preferably you will hold a higher degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in physical sciences or engineering.
- Ideally you have prior experience in RCS Design, Survivability, Low Observability, familiarity with radar, or Antenna Design.
- You should have familiarity with at least some of the well-known computer simulation codes (such as, CST MWS, Matlab, COMSOL, PSPICE).
- A track-record of comfortably melding science and engineering aspirations, with the realistic need to deliver within time, cost and performance constraints.
- Proven delivery of technical work packages and projects with successful technical work delivered both individually and as part of a team.
- Experience of exploring new technical challenges and finding new and effective approaches and solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly familiar with Office software; able to understand and communicate complex subject matter to both experienced personnel and those less familiar.
- Ideally you would also be experienced in leading or undertaking Systems Engineering studies.
- Also advantageous would be the ability to step back from day-to-day aspects, view the bigger picture context and navigate a successful course through complex and changing requirements.
- Hands-on practical / laboratory skills would be a bonus.
For this role, candidates must be willing to undertake the DV (Developed Vetting) security clearance process.
What’s in it for you?
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class technology
- Frequent opportunities to showcase yourself and your work at the highest level both inside and outside the company
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to work across the team, to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials)
- Opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within MBDA
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
Undertaking this role you would be joining a dynamic, diverse, passionate team responsible for the development of our future business & world leading technologies. You will work with skilled, supportive and motivated colleagues, with a drive to deliver future technologies and a desire to see them benefit defence.
You will have access to in-house expertise to supplement and grown your knowledge, with opportunities to attend international conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field. There is access to a large laboratory and workshop. You will also have opportunity to contribute to wider activities, supporting senior management with high-level VIP visits and demonstrations.
Overall, you will have the chance to exploit innovative and novel techniques in the development of the company’s future portfolio.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK)!