Safety and Reliability Graduate 2020
Safety and Reliability Graduate 2020, Stevenage
Start date September 2020
What’s the opportunity?
For a graduate engineer to develop their safety and reliability engineering skills to influence the safety and reliability aspects of technically complex and challenging products.
This will include gaining understanding and experience of good safety and reliability practices and learning how to optimise the effort devoted to these activities. This will include a focus on balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of complex weapon systems..
What will you be doing?
- In this role you will learn to balance time and cost constraints to construct safety and reliability arguments, supported by appropriate evidence.
- To do this, you will need to understand the system and its operating context, so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively show that the identified hazards and risks have been mitigated to the customer’s satisfaction.
- This will involve learning and exploiting a range of techniques and approaches.
What are the benefits for you?
- Work with and learn from highly experienced engineers.
- A variety of project work that will enable you to develop and then apply system safety and reliability engineering skills, while developing a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
- Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
- You will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
- MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development.This includes excellent training for both soft and technical skills.
- You will receive support and mentoring towards achieving CEng.
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of safety and reliability engineering.
- You will be working in a department spread throughout MBDA’s weapon system projects, gaining experience from other safety and reliability engineers.
- You will have the opportunity to share in that experience and contribute to our learning as we continue to develop our approaches and techniques.
- You will be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military customers.
Who and what we are looking for?
- Degree qualified by September 2020 in a technical or engineering-related discipline, such as Electronics, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Physics to a minimum of 2.2.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Desire to work in an international environment.
- Future ambitions to lead a team or develop as a technical expert.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- flexible working hours
- fantastic site facilities
- paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- a comprehensive pension scheme
- employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- sporting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNIApply