Seeker Engineering Graduate 2020
Seekers Graduate, Stevenage
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for those who will have graduated by 2020 only as the start date for the programmewill be in early 2021.We expect to invite candidates to complete our tests in September with assessment centres taking place in October.
If youare graduating in 2021, orlooking for a September 2021 start then pleaseapply to our 2021 programme when we open for applications in September 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE WILL CLOSE ON THE 31st AUGUST 2020
What’s the opportunity?
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets; it is a key complex weapon sub-system. We are responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
- Gain an understanding ofthe whole product lifecycle from research and development, concept and design, through to production and in-service support.
- Work inwell-equipped laboratories and learn new tools throughout your placements.
- Relevant on-the-job and formal training covering a wide range of topics
- Learn about and develop skills in the following areas and apply them to real world applications:
- System simulation and modelling
- Algorithm development
- Design and test of electronic and RF circuits
- Hardware and software integration
- Signal processing and data analysis
- Performance analysis, requirements and specifications
- Electromagnetic simulation
- Experimental lab testing and field trials
- Image processing and ray tracing.
What are the benefits for you?
You will be able to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas.Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, with colleagues from all sectors of the STEM industry. Towards the end of the scheme you will have the option to choose your career path; a high level systems engineer or various highly specialised roles within the seekers team.
You will also have the opportunity to work towards Professional Chartership with either to IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE or RAeS and we will also pay 100% of the fees whilst you on the Graduate scheme.
“One of the benefits of joining Seekers is that it is allowing me to try out areas of engineering which I’ve never had the opportunity to experience before. This gives me the freedom to choose the direction that I want to take my career in” Chris, Seekers Graduate
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Degree qualified by September 2020 in electronics, engineering or mathematics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNIApply