Senior Electronics Test Engineer
Role Title and Location: Senior Electronics Engineer - Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7524
MBDA Level of role: Level 3
Reports to Principal Test Engineer
The Production Test Engineering organisation is responsible for the day to day support to the product testing of complex weapons and equipment within the manufacturing and development facility atStevenage. An opportunity has arisenfor an Electronics Engineer to join the manufacturing engineering team for product test and diagnostics of complex weapons at all levels of build i.e. system, unit and PEC level.
Responsible for technical support to manufacture test of Complex Weapons in production and development, to ensure production and development targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Test of complex electronic equipment, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level.
- Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme.
- Assessment of related Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Evaluation of Technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Development of test plans and procedures in line with manufacturing and design requirements
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action.
What’s in it for you?
- There will be an opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity, both in development and production.
- “MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for development.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be working with a small team of dedicated experienced engineers in a friendly and inclusive environment.
- The team are currently supporting a number of different complex missile systems in production and development, working closely with the design teams on a regular basis.
What are we looking for?
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus substantial level of experience in Digital and Analogue Electronics Manufacture and Test.
- A good understanding of measurement and test principles and equipment.
- Good Planning and Organising skills.
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)