Sensors (EO) Summer Placement 2021
Sensors Summer Placement
Our Sensors department works on projects that cover the full product lifecycle from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes. The role covers Electro Optic (EO) with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
You will be able to perform technical investigations, provide problem assessments and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What will you be doing?
You will gain knowledge of sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.
Develop an understanding of infrared (IR), optical and laser-based sensors. You will gain an understanding in some of the following areas:
- The design and build of optical prototypes and the corresponding testing and evaluation.
- Research and Development of novel EO techniques and solutions.
- Modelling and simulation of the environment, target and sensor.
- Performance evaluation and subsystem specification.
- Support to MBDA UK systems that incorporate EO technology.
- Data capture using IR technology.
- Test and design of LASER based optical systems and Directed Energy Weapons (DEW).
What's the opportunity?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to our projects.
- Varied and stimulating work.
- On the job training about some of the various subsystems and technologies within MBDA.
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials.
- Thought provoking, innovative and rewarding projects.
- See projects at some of the different phases of the product lifecycle.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here (please note that not all benefits are available to our summer placement and undergraduate students).
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in applied physics, electronics, engineering or any other related subjects
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)