Simulation & Modelling Graduate 2020
Simulation and Modelling Graduate Engineer, Bristol
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for those who will have graduated by 2020 only as the start date for the programmewill be in early 2021.We expect to invite candidates to complete our tests in September with assessment centres taking place in October.
If youare graduating in 2021, orlooking for a September 2021 start then pleaseapply to our 2021 programme when we open for applications in September 2020.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE WILL CLOSE ON THE 31st AUGUST 2020
What’s the opportunity?
The Simulation and Modelling Function define, develop and maintain complex mathematical models. These models are used for multiple applications, such as performance modelling to evaluate the overall guided weapon system performance and effectiveness, auto coding algorithms for component software and real time testing of hardware components.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing to the specification, development, testing and delivery of large dynamic system models which are primarily based in either Matlab and Simulink, or FORTRAN, C and C++.
- Encouraged to do a 6 month placement outside of Simulation and Modelling to further your development as well as your understanding of how MBDA works.
- Responsible for development of specific aspects of the performance models used to support key programmes within MBDA.
- Performing technical analysis and investigations into a range of issues and problems and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a team.
- Using models to support the system development process, assisting with trade-off and performance studies and validating models against trials results.
- Developing and supporting a variety of software tools.
What are the benefits for you?
- Gain a good understandingand working experience of all phases of the engineering life cycle.
- Learn a variety of software tools and configuration and control processes.
- Understand how Simulation and Modelling supports weapon system products and gain insight into a number of MBDA specific business areas.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Hard-working team with a successful track record in achieving project milestones on time and on budget.
- Working in an exciting environment with continuous improvement to bring benefits to the programmes involved in. This includes processes, methods and toolsets, each of which brings a variety of specific problems to solve in order to fully exploit new benefits across a wide range of programmes.
Receive excellent support and advice from friendly and experienced colleagues.
“The team is very friendly, helpful and patient with new starters which made settling in easy. The majority of the work I undertake involves programming with a combination of languages and tools, including Matlab/Simulink” Connor, Graduate
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified by September 2020 in a numerate/technical discipline e.g. Systems, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Control Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics with a minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree
- A practical knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink is advantageous, as well as programming experience in languages such as C/C++/Ada/Fortran, although training will be available where required. An appreciation of mathematical modelling would be advantageous.
- The ability to visualize and analyse complex systems and develop solutions to problems.
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sorting activities
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNIApply