Systems Design Engineer 10 month placement 2021
Systems Design Engineer 10 month placement
Systems Design Engineers work within the design community and are a part of the full lifecycle from concept to in service within the System Design Function.
The function is involved in:
- Conceptualising new products and technologies
- Writing system and sub-system level technical specifications
- Developing and managing requirements
- Proving, validation and certification
- Integrating hardware and software
- Platform integration (fixed and rotary wing aircraft, vehicles, ships)
- Simulating weapon system performance and analysing missile trials data
What’s the opportunity?
During your time as a graduate you will benefit from:
2 x five-month placements where you will work in a variety of projects at different stages in their lifecycle (as shown above) from future capabilities to in-service products.
You will gain experience of many systems engineering methods such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), develop an understanding of a missile weapon system and grow in responsibility for delivering critical items of work, use knowledge and influence to guide design decisions.
You'll get to liaise with external stakeholders, subcontractors and government customers and work in a team responsible for completing multi-million pound weapons installations. You'll work closely with other MBDA functions giving you a broad view of the company.
.You'll experience role specific training in DOORS, MBSE and how to write requirements.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here. (please note not all benefits are available to placememt students)
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying a degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar discipline discipline.
- The ability to work with complex problems to derive logical solutions to inform design decisions
- Strong attention to detail - the specifications define the Missile to be built, your input will impact the performance of the final product attention to detail is vital.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)