Systems Design Summer Placement 2021
Systems Design Engineer Summer Placement
Systems Design Engineers work within the design community and are a part of the full lifecycle from concept to in service within the System Design Function.
The function is involved in:
- Conceptualising new products and technologies
- Writing system and sub-system level technical specifications
- Developing and managing requirements
- Proving, validation and certification
- Integrating hardware and software
- Platform integration (fixed and rotary wing aircraft, vehicles, ships)
- Simulating weapon system performance and analysing missile trials data
What’s the opportunity?
During your time as a placement you'll work on a project related to one of the areas shown above. This could be related to future capabilities or in-service products.
On this placement you will gain experience of many systems engineering methods such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and develop an understanding of a missile weapon system.
You'll get to liaise with external stakeholders, subcontractors and government customers and work in a team responsible for completing multi-million pound weapons installations. You'll work closely with other MBDA functions giving you a broad view of the company.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here.
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying for a degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar discipline.
- The ability to work with complex problems to derive logical solutions to inform design decisions
- Strong attention to detail - the specifications define the Missile to be built, your input will impact the performance of the final product attention to detail is vital.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)