Weapon Systems Algorithm and Performance Graduate 2021
WS Algorithm and Performance Graduate
MBDA's customers' capability need has become increasingly more complex and constrained. The Weapon System Algorithms and Performance (WSAP) department aims to maximise a capability by optimising performance across the whole weapon system, providing the necessary expertise across much more than the missile itself. It is through this mission that the WSAP department is focussed on improving the user’s experience and unlocking the full potential or MBDA’s weapon systems. WSAP provides technical expertise across a variety of topics, including weapon system architectures, algorithm development (including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques), and the exploitation of cutting-edge technologies.
What's the opportunity?
As a systems Engineering WSAP, you will be responsible for defining capability requirements, design evolution, qualification and management of major systems and sub-systems, and will work closely with numerous technical and non-technical domains across MBDA and other defence partners.
You will be involved in:
- Planning, modelling and adapting of missile routes to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon.
- Automating a weapon's mission planning by leveraging machine learning techniques and simplifying operator choices.
- Developing algorithms to enable autonomous behaviours and decision-making capabilities.
- The delivery of core products such as Target Modelling, Weapon Planning, and Launcher Interfaces etc. into a variety of MBDA programmes.
- Utilising and exploiting the latest in technological advancements to provide MBDA weapon systems with the most effective, secure and intelligent product.
The role will give you:
- Opportunity to work with multiple MBDA departments, Customers and Partners.
- Opportunity to gather experience in other teams with alternate specialisms, to further enhance your development and gain a view of how other departments operate.
- On the job training for learning new programming languages, software tools and a wide range of skills to develop your career.
- Exposure to Model Based Systems Engineering.
- A broad overview of what makes a weapon system.
- A supporting team with broad experience and knowledge.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package. For a reminder click here.
What are we looking for?
Degree qualified in an Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other related discipline to a minimum of 2:2.
An ability to:
- Adapt your perspective to either see the bigger picture of focus on the detail, depending on the circumstances.
- Adapt your existing knowledge to other engineering domains.
- Adapt between customer-focused and technical-focused activities.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)