Weapons Systems Simulation and Experimentation 10 month Placement 2020
Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation 10 Month Placement, Bristol
What’s the opportunity?
The Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation team designs and develops leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations; working in close collaboration with subject matter experts from across Land, Sea and Air defence programmes.
What will you be doing?
You will be learning about the development and implementation of simulation software and man-in-the-loop experiments to support some of the world’s most advanced future defence systems.
- Delivering key projects, alongside highly experienced engineers, across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle.
- Work directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate our current and future capabilities.
- Potential to travel to other locations within the UK or Europe to be involved in collaborative projects or to trade shows to demonstrate our simulators.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to some aspects of a software development lifecycle
- On the job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- This team has a wide variety of work, allowing you to develop in different areas, and shape the placement based on your interests.
What’s great about joining this team?
- A great working environment with a supportive team.
- Work alongside industry experts.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in an engineering discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
Experience of some of the following:
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Object-orientated Programming in C-like Languages (C++, C#, Java)
- Development Environments ( Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Networking & Networking Protocols
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNIApply