The Sunday Times Best Big Companies Accreditation 2019
We are delighted to have been accredited as a Sunday Times Best Big Companies To Work For 2019! Competing against other organisations with a workforce of 3000 or more, we are proud to have been ranked 11th out of the 25 Best Companies. Alongside this prestigious award, we have also joined just 169 other companies in the UK with a two star B Company accreditation, reflecting our outstanding level of engagement.
“I am delighted that thanks to our employees we have again succeeded in being ranked among the Top 25 best companies to work for in the UK.
To finish 11th is testament to the positive and supportive working environment we have created in MBDA UK, together with the high levels of engagement we have developed with our people.” – Aileen Randhawa, HR Director UK
How did we score?
Moving up one rank from 2017, MBDA were awarded 11th place overall – making us the highest ranking engineering company and the only defence company to appear on the list. Our great value of teamwork was reflected well in the scores with 75% of employees saying their colleagues are fun to work with and 78% saying they are helpful.
92% of our employees said they believe they can make a valuable contribution to the company’s success and our employees don’t consider the organisation to be solely driven by profit, scoring the third highest percentage for this out of all the companies on the list. We scored fifth in the ‘Wellbeing’ category, which reflects our emphasis on work-life balance and also scored 6th overall in the 'Fair Deal' category with our employees saying they are happy with the benefits and salary packages we provide.
How was engagement measured?
The Best Companies has developed an academically rigorous methodology that gets to the heart of what people want and expect from their working lives. Employees were asked to complete a survey anonymously which looked at eight different areas detailed below. The results from these were compiled to create a Best Companies Index score, used to benchmark us against other large organisations in the UK.
• Leadership – How employees feel about the head of the organisation, senior management and the organisation’s values and principles
• My Manager – How employees feel about and communicate with their direct manager
• My Company – The level of engagement employees feel with their job and organisation
• Personal Growth – How employees feel about training and their future prospects
• My Team – Employees’ feeling towards their immediate colleagues and how well they work together
• Wellbeing – How employees feel about stress, pressure at work and life balance
• Fair Deal – How happy employees are with pay and benefits
Want to work for a Sunday Times Best 30 Companies To Work For? Take a look at our current opportunities now