World Mental Health Day 2018
As part of our continuing efforts to help improve the mental health support available to our employees, we have introduced a Mental Health and Wellbeing Allies initiative across the business. The introduction of Mental Health and Wellbeing Allies gives employees the option to speak to a specially trained Ally, within a confidential environment. The team of Allies are a group of selected employees who are available to listen, offer empathy, support and guidance through difficult or troubling times.
The Role of the Mental Health and Wellbeing Ally includes, but is not limited to:
• Promoting MBDA UK's positive approach to supporting mental health
• Acting as a confidant for employees to speak to about their mental health and wellbeing, other than their immediate line managers
• Assisting employees in helping themselves
• Being a source of information for signposting to internal and external resources
• Listening impartially to issues brought to them, offering a "listening ear" that is trusted, maintains confidentiality, integrity and respect throughout.
We have invested in providing this team with the appropriate skills to listen and offer support, when things are really getting a colleague down. This initiative, as well as others we have put into place, are part of our efforts to reduce stigma associated with mental health and improve the wellbeing of our community.